Mascot Art Contest
2024 Theme: School
Do you have awesome Artistic Talent?
Anime Banzai has an amazing Mascot Art Contest! This contest is a chance for any artist to redesign Anime Banzai’s mascots, Ban and Sai, using their own style and incorporating the year’s theme. And the best part is you can win some really cool stuff if selected.
Deadlines and Rules
What are we looking for with this theme: In 2024, Anime Banzai is going back to school and we want to see the school uniforms you come up for Ban and Sai!
1st prize is $200 dollars and 2 free passes to the 2024 Anime Banzai Convention
2nd prize is $100 dollars and 2 free passes to the 2024 Anime Banzai Convention
3rd prize is $50 dollars and 2 free passes to the 2024 Anime Banzai Convention
If you have pre-registered before being notified that your artwork was chosen, there are several options will be offered case by case basis.
All artists who submit artwork that is accepted by the Anime Banzai staff will receive a SWAG BAG and if your art is used on Merchandise, you will be given a free gift of that merchandise.
What are the Qualifications and Guidelines we are looking for:
· You do not have to attend Anime Banzai to participate in the contest.
· At least 25% of your finished piece submissions must incorporate Banzai colors of green, purple, and gray. Preferably on the clothing. If drawing Mochi, Amari, or Nuki, please incorporate the colors somewhere in your image.
· Mascots can be full body or partial
· We have uses for both realistic and chibi versions of Ban and Sai, and all of their friends. You can submit either realistic or chibi versions of the characters. You may enter more than one set of mascots, but you can only receive one of the prizes.
· The Mascots can be submitted as separate pieces or together in one piece. If you submit them separately or together they are all still due by August 1st 11:59pm. BUT WAIT WE HAVE EXTENDED THE DEADLINE TO OCTOBER 1st 11:59pm.
· Please include line art with your submissions.
· Nothing copyrighted or/trademarked can be a part of your image. Everything must be original or generic enough that it’s not specific item or character. NO LOGOS (except for the Anime Banzai Logo).
· You must send your artwork, along with your legal first and last name, email, phone number, and physical address. Please send along your artist name if that is your preferred way of being credited.
· Entries must be a minimum of 300dpi (unless vectored) larger is fine but keep in mind email restrictions.
· Photoshop or illustrator ready files (pds, tiff, ai, eps, pdf, and jpeg) with transparent backgrounds. PLEASE DO NOT discard your work files they are very important.
· If your characters overlap, please keep them separate in your work file.
- Ban: Blond boy with green eyes. He should be 16 years or older. His optional friends are a Nuki the tanuki or Mochi the Panda.
- Sai: Brunette girl with purple eyes. Should be 16 years or older. Her optional friend is Amari the Kitsune.
- Mochi: Is Ban’s panda friend. They have a black and white coat. Their favorite thing (other than Ban) is bamboo.
- Nuki: Ban’s other friend and is a Tanuki (raccoon dog), They are mischievous and jolly, and a master of disguises.
- Amari: Sai’s kitsune (fox) who is a trickster and faithful guardian to Sai. They are able to shapeshift into a human form. The more tails a kitsune has, the older and wiser they are. They may have as many as nine tales.
For examples of previous years’ mascots go to:
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]
To submit, you must send your artwork along with your legal first and last name, email, phone number, and physical address.
Anime Banzai reserves the right to use all entries for any and all promotional purposes for the Anime Banzai Convention and Utah Anime Promotions in perpetuity.
Example of where the artwork will be used:
- website graphics
- posters & flyers
- certificates & awards
- t-shirts & other merchandise
- convention program booklet
If you have any questions or concerns about the Mascot Contest, email us at [email protected] or click on the link below and fill out the form.
Please Remember: Submitting your art to the DeviantArt (DA) group does not count as submitting it to the contest! You must send your art to [email protected] to have your work considered for the contest.