The Auctioneer challenges you to a fight! Are you ready to face them? Have you collected Banzai Bucks to participate in the auction? If the above answers are yes you will want to join Anime Banzai for a night of fast pace bidding.
From 6:00pm-7:30pm there will be check-in for you to get your Banzai Bucks and during this period of time there will be laser tag going on. From 7:30-9:00pm will be the auction. All participates at minimum will receive 1000 Banzai Bucks. All other Banzai Bucks come from donating food and pop tops. The team with the most cans at the beginning of the auction will receive an extra 5000 banzai dollars.
Here are the items available and their starting bids:
These are the donated food requirements. We request that all the food donation meet the following criteria, and that you donate items you would also purchase for your own family. Please NO EXPIRED FOOD! Any items that have these on the label you will get an extra 200 Banzai Bucks:
- Low Sugar
- Low Sodium
- All natural juices
- All natural ingredients
- No high fructose corn syrup
Here’s what each donated item equals in Banzai Bucks:
- Vegetables = 100 Banzai Bucks
- Tuna = 200 Banzai Bucks
- Pasta = 300 Banzai Bucks
- Fruits without pop tops = 400 Banzai Bucks
- Fruits with pop tops = 500 Banzai Bucks
- Peanut Butter = 1000 Banzai Bucks
- Boxed Macaroni and Cheese = 1200 Banzai Bucks
- All Natural Juices (for at least a ½ gallon) = 1200 Banzai Bucks
- Canned Stews = 1500 Banzai Bucks
- Canned Chili = 1500 Banzai Bucks
- Ramen = 300 Banzai Bucks
- Large Cereal = 1500 Banzai Bucks
- Package of Pudding = 200 Banzai Bucks
- Cake Mixes = 1500 Banzai Bucks
- Spices = 300 Banzai Bucks
- Pop Tabs = 10 Banzai Bucks per tab so for a 6 pack you would get 60 Banzai dollars
- Gift Certificates = 1000 X the amount of the Gift Certificate in Banzai Dollars so for example a $10 dollar GC would be worth 10,000 Banzai Bucks.
If you bring foods in cans that do not need can openers I will give you an additional 20 Banzai Bucks for each food item. So if you brought in a Can of All Natural Peaches that were low in sugar with a pop top lid you would get 500 + 200 +200 +20 for a total of 920 Banzai Bucks.
As always, you are encouraged to wear cosplay; but it’s not required.
And, of course, this event is completely, 100%, no-fine-print, absolutely, pinky-promise, cross-our-hearts FREE!!!!!
All canned foods are being donated to the Utah Food Bank.
Pop tabs are being donated to the Ronald McDonald House at Primary Children’s Hospital.