Artist: Nicci Anderson
Banzai’s Got Talent
Banzai’s Got Talent WANTS YOU!! Yes, YOU!! Have a talent you want to share with the Anime Banzai Convention and its attendees? Sing? Dance? Play an instrument? Martial arts move? Acrobatics? We want to see what you have! Make it all the more fun and do it as one of your favorite characters.
This is not a competition and no one is going to judge you. So no worries!! Just get on up there and have fun showing what you can do! Don’t want to participate? That’s just fine! Come and watch the show. Support your peers and friends. The more, the merrier! We’re all about the fun!!
Sign up here!
Are you or someone you know in the Performing Arts and want to show off your talents?
Well here’s your chance to show the attendees of the Anime Banzai Convention what you can do! Apply here. Please contact Linda and the Events Team at the email on the picture with any questions you have about the opportunity.
Artist: Lacey LaBlanc
Formal Ball – Odori Matsuri Ball
To enter, simply come in your formal attire. Make sure to read the dress code rules carefully, as they will be enforced before entering. We will also be on the lookout to crown the formal ball royalty. In order to be qualified as King and Queen of the ball, a couple must come together and their costumes a match to one another. The Prince and Princess category will be selected individually. Secret judges will be searching for the royalty throughout the ball. Those who dress in theme of the ball will have a better chance at being selected for the royalty.
Dress Code for the Formal Ball
For men and masculine cosplays:
- Slacks must be dress-pants, formal trousers, uniforms pants/slacks, and black jeans (no rips). NO shorts, blue jeans, skater pants, etc.
- Tops must be button-up or tuxedo shirts. No polos, sports, or t-shirts.
- Military uniforms are also acceptable.
For woman and feminine cosplays:
- Formal skirts and dresses only. Skirt/dress length should be down to your fingertips or longer. For dresses or skirts with side slits, the slit should go no higher than where your wrist naturally falls at your side.
- For tomboyish female characters, please keep to the same standards as masculine cosplayers. (For example, Sailor Uranus might be more likely to wear a tuxedo shirt and pants than a dress; this is OK!)
- For feminine male characters, dresses are acceptable but they must adhere to the feminine cosplay requirements.
- Formal shoes or solid black shoes only! (Tape will be provided for a wardrobe change if necessary.)
- Absolutely no tennis shoes, canvas low-tops, or sneakers. There are only a few exceptions, and they must be pre-approved. For example, the 10th Doctor from “Doctor Who” always wears high tops even with a tuxedo. This would be allowed since that is the canon costume.
Artist: Niccole Anderson
Dance Lessons – Formal Ball
Excited for the Formal Ball, but not sure how to dance? Or maybe you just need to brush up some simple moves? Come learn some beginner, ballroom skills with fellow cosplayers just like you! We’ll cover the basics for the waltz, cha-cha, foxtrot, and tango.
Dance Lessons – J-Pop and K-Pop
Ever dreamed of nailing that cook K-Pop dance or perfecting that Hatsune Miku dance? Come dance with us as we go through dance tips and learn from J-Pop, K-Pop, and/or Vocaloid dances. Good shoes and somewhat comfortable/stretchy clothing is encouraged.
Karaoke Bar – Only Karaoke Served
A Japanese cultural experience! This popular entertainment is here at the Anime Banzai Convention where you and your friends can sing to all of your favorite songs.
Artist: Sara Barentine
Anime Banzai’s Musical Quest
Free to get in – sing to get out!
Join Epic Fail cosplay on a quest for group karaoke with an RPG feel. No singing talent required. And no actual locks on the doors … since we were told that’s a form of kidnapping.
Tanabata Matsuri – the informal dance
Are you drawn to the lights and music? Then join us for this year’s informal dance! It will be a whiteout, so come ready to dance in the Black Lights and glow sticks. This year’s DJ is DJ Odix.
Vocamerica featuring EmpathP
EmpathP is an America musician, illustrator, and producer from Virginia specializing in the creation of original Vocaloid works.
Vocamerica is a Vocaloid hologram concert that focuses on Western and English Vocaloids, such as DEX and DAINA! Japan has seen an explosion of hologram concerts not only showing Vocaloids, but even other virtual characters. Come and experience the fun and excitement of Vocamerica’s Vocaloid hologram concert with songs from Empath-P, Crusher-P, Circus P, and more well-known Vocaloid producers!
Artist: Katie Croonenberghs