The Anime Banzai mascot contest is a chance for artists to redesign Banzai’s mascots, Ban and Sai, in their own style incorporating the year’s theme.
Nothing copyrighted/trademarked can be a part of your image. Everything must be original or generic enough that it’s not a specific item or character. NO LOGOS, except the Banzai one of course (optional).
Deadline: January 31, 2019 (11:59pm MST)
Any entries received after this deadline will be disqualified.
Information on Our Mascots
- Ban – blonde, boy, green eyes, optional tanuki (raccoon dog) mask
- Sai – brunette, girl, purple eyes, optional kitsune (fox) mask
- both – aged 16-25 years
- To submit, you must send your artwork along with your first and last name, email, and phone number to Art Show ([email protected]). If you have an artist name you’d like to be credited as just let us know.
- Entries should be a minimum of 300 dpi (unless vectored) for best print quality. Larger is fine, but please keep in mind email size limits. You do not want to send a broken image. Vectored images are very much appreciated.
- Photoshop- or Illustrator-ready files (psd, tiff, ai, eps, pdf, etc.) with transparent backgrounds are a plus, and will be requested if your art is chosen. Please don’t discard your work files – they’re important!
- Line-art only entries will be accepted, but should be cleaned up and inked. We may request a color version later.
- Color entries must also have a line version included with the submission.
- You are not required to use the Banzai color scheme of green and purple.
- Mascots can be full-body or partial.
- We have uses for both Realistic and Chibi versions. So you may submit either or both.
- The mascots may be submitted singly or together. If you submit the mascots separately, you must submit both before the deadline.
- Nothing copyrighted/trademarked can be a part of your image. Everything must be original or generic enough that it’s not a specific item or character. NO LOGOS, except the Banzai one of course (optional).
- You may enter more than one set of mascots but you may only receive one prize.
- Multiple entries/artists will be chosen.
- If your artwork is chosen, you will receive 2 (two) free admissions into the 2019 Anime Banzai Convention.
- If you have pre-registered before being notified that your artwork was chosen, there are several options that will be offered on a case-by-case basis.
- One artist will be given the opportunity to have a table in Artists’ Alley reserved for them. Reservation only. You will still have to pay the table fee.
Utah Anime Promotions and the Anime Banzai Convention reserve the right to use the winning entries for any and all promotional purposes for Utah Anime Promotions and the Anime Banzai Convention in perpetuity.
Examples of Some of the Items that Need Mascot Art:
- Webpage Graphics
- Posters and Flyers
- Certificates and Awards
- T-Shirts and Other Merchandise
- Convention Program Book
If you have any questions or concerns about the mascot contest, please contact Art Show.
Please Remember: Submitting your artwork to the DeviantArt (DA) group DOES NOT COUNT as submitting to the mascot contest. You must send the email to have your artwork considered for the mascot contest.